Friday, June 19, 2015

3 Things Fatherhood has taught me



This is going to be my first Fathers’ Day, and I am so excited. Our first child Ashina Imsong was born on August 9 last year. It’s like a dream. I still can’t believe that I am a father. I think that’s what every new daddy feels. I am told so. I will never forget the sound of her first cry; the moment I stepped into fatherhood. What a blessing! I will eternally thank God for this bundle of joy.

The dawn of this new chapter in my life has taught me 3 important things which I want to share:

First of all, I have started to live more responsibly. Now it’s not about me alone anymore. I have to behave, do, and even eat healthily so that I can take care of this little one. I have to keep myself safe in every possible way.

Secondly, my perspectives have changed. Now I think, speak and behave like a father. I have mellowed down in many ways. I have become more considerate and patient.

Thirdly, I have learned to appreciate and love every child in a special way. Not that I didn’t love them before. It is just this new feeling. Now I understand why parents love their children so much.  


0 comments:

Post a Comment